Moving to the USA
As a destination, North America is the second most popular destination to which Britons emigrate, after Australia. According to figures from the Daily Telegraph, each year around 23,000 Britons go west, whether for career or family reasons. In total, the British expatriate population in the USA numbers approximately one million.
Fashionable choices for expatriates from Britain and the Republic of Ireland include New York City, Austin, the sunshine state of Florida in the south or San Francisco and Los Angeles in the west. In contrast, Seattle has a cool climate, while Portland, Boston and Denver also rank high on the list of preferences.
Supporting Your Move to the USA
Undoubtedly, relocating to the other side of the Atlantic involves detailed preparation, proper planning and professional support. At Brycelands, we provide a comprehensive removals service to cities and states in North America, in tandem with our network of award winning American removals companies.
International Shipping to the USA
For removals to North America, international shipping makes use of secure metal containers that we track as they cross the Atlantic. Your options include a full container load (FCL) or a shared load.
Should you opt for a full load, we can assist with packing before loading your belongings into a 20-foot or a 40-foot container, which we then transport directly to the docks to await the next scheduled trans-Atlantic sailing. Experienced Brycelands staff then liaise with the carriers, tracking the consignment and informing our agent in America, who then contacts you to assist with customs clearance and delivery arrangements.
Conversely, with a shared load, we pack your possessions on an agreed date and transfer the container(s) to our international warehouse, for onward transport within a consolidated shipment. Next, our management team confirms arrival dates once your consignment has cleared customs in the USA, We then liaise with you for delivery and unpacking at your new home. Because you pay only for the space used within the container, shared loads represent a cost-effective choice if you can be reasonably flexible with delivery dates.
Additionally, if you require storage before or after your move to America, Brycelands offers you international storage services.
Finally, for your peace of mind, we insure all goods in transit.
At Brycelands, we work with only with those companies that adhere to high standards and provide a reliable service. With us, you can be sure that our stateside partner will have suitable premises, appropriate vehicles, the right equipment and well-trained staff.
We deliver to destinations throughout the USA including the following cities (in alphabetical order):
- Albany, Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin.
- Baltimore, Bangor, Baton Rouge, Birmingham Boise, Boston, Buffalo, Burlington.
- Casper, Charleston, Charlotte, Cheyenne, Chicago Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Concord.
- Dallas, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Dover.
- Grand Rapids, Green Bay, Greensboro, Greenville, Gulfport.
- Hartford, Houston.
- Jackson, Jacksonville.
- Kansas City, Knoxville.
- Las Vegas, Lexington, Little Rock, Los Angeles, Louisville.
- Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Missoula, Mobile, Montgomery.
- Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Norfolk.
- Oklahoma City, Omaha, Orlando.
- Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Portland ME, Providence.
- Raleigh, Rapid City, Reno, Richmond, Roanoke.
- Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Savannah, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, St Louis, Stamford, Syracuse.
- Tampa, Topeka, Tucson, Tulsa.
- Washington DC.
If you would like further information or guidance about relocating to the USA or want to get started and arrange your international move today, please click here to contact us.
FIDI Customs Guides